Administrative Report of the Canadian Association of Palynologists, 1983
Nominations for CAP
(Copy of a letter from G. Norris to D. J. McIntyre and A. Sweet, ISPG Calgary, 1983-10-25)
Thank you for agreeing to serve on the Nomination Committee for the Canadian Association of Palynologists. This is merely to confirm the following:
- Nominations are required for President (effective January 1984), President-Elect (effect January 1985), Secretary-Treasurer, and Newsletter Editor.
- No write-ins have been received in response to my invitation for nominations published in the last CAP Newsletter.
- Bert van Helden has indicated that he is willing to continue as Newsletter Editor.
- Rob Fensome (Dept. of Geology, University of Toronto) has indicated that he is willing to volunteer to take over from Jocelyne as Secretary-Treasurer.
Report of the Nominating Committee
The nominating committee for the 1984 CAP Executive begs to report as follows:
The following members have accepted their nominations in writing:
- to be President – M. S. Barss
- to be President-Elect – J. Terasmae
- to be Secretary-Treasurer – R. A. Fensome
- to be Newsletter Editor – B. G. van Helden
No other nominations were received.
D. J. McIntyre
(In accordance with the By-laws the nominees will assume the responsibility of their respective offices as of 1984-01-01, Ed. [B. G. van Helden])
This administrative summary originally appeared in CAP Newsletter 6(2):1, 1983. No formal Minutes were published.